Providing Emergency Eye Care Services in West Houston, Texas
We offer emergency services that require immediate and urgent eye care. If your eye is injured, don’t try to judge the severity of it. Immediately seek the opinion of an eye doctor to lessen the risk of hurting your vision. We understand ocular emergencies can arise at any time.
For emergencies ONLY, call 832-816-9908 or 713-202-8628. These phone numbers reach the doctors personally. Please leave a detailed message if there is no immediate answer.
If your phone call is not returned shortly, call West Houston Eye at 713-677-2044 to reach the number of the relief doctor.
Please have your pharmacy number available.
Use your best judgment. If you have an ocular emergency and cannot reach either Dr. Rhodes or the relief doctor, please go to the emergency room
Eye Safety – Safety Eyewear – Eye Injury Prevention
This short video stresses the importance of knowing the hazards at home and the workplace regarding your eyes. In this video, we review a few actual incidents where people lost part or all of their vision, along with one whose vision was saved by safety eyewear.
Symptoms that require emergency service include, but are not limited to:
- Sudden loss of vision
- Sudden double vision
- Sudden red/painful eye
- Pink Eye
- New onset flashes and/or floaters
- Foreign body in the eye (especially metal or chemicals)
- New or worsening swelling or pain after eye surgery
Things NOT to do while waiting for professional medical assistance:
- DO NOT press on an injured eye or allow the victim to rub the eye(s).
- DO NOT attempt to remove a foreign body that is resting on the cornea (the clear surface of the eye through which we see) or that appears to be embedded in any part of the eye.
- DO NOT use dry cotton (including cotton swabs) or sharp instruments (such as tweezers) on the eye.
- DO NOT attempt to remove an embedded object.
DO call our eye care center in West Houston at 713-677-2044 for further instructions! We are here for you!